Welcome To My "HEP C" Life

Hepatitis C is a blood disease that affects the liver. There is a tx that I am now on which is a mixture of "interferon" injections 1x a week and 1200mg in pill form of "Ribavirin" dailly. This is an extreme and rigorous 48 week treatment and I have started september 22nd 2006

Name:
Location: moundsview, Minnesota, United States

Friday, September 29, 2006

Peek A Boo - And a Good Morning To You



Last night I got to sleep okay, but then awoke at 2am and couldn't get back to sleep. I tried, but that made it worse, so now it is 6:15am and I am going to go on with my day. I'm feeling nervous about when to do my shot. I don't want to do it too early, because then I will miss my meeting tonight. I don't want to wait too long, because mainly I just want to get it over with. I have my first lab test this morning. I will go to the doctor and just get some blood drawn. They will be recording and watching my viral load levels (the amount of the virus I have in my blood) and making sure my platelletes and white blood count doesn't go too low. I need to go in when my levels will be at there highest and that is right before I take my next injection. I have to go in weekly for lab tests I think for the first month then it goes down to once a month. Atleast it gives me something to do, right? Who else can say they woke up this morning and got poked by a nurse?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home