Welcome To My "HEP C" Life

Hepatitis C is a blood disease that affects the liver. There is a tx that I am now on which is a mixture of "interferon" injections 1x a week and 1200mg in pill form of "Ribavirin" dailly. This is an extreme and rigorous 48 week treatment and I have started september 22nd 2006

Name:
Location: moundsview, Minnesota, United States

Thursday, September 28, 2006

I'm so tired I can't sleep..


Sitting, staring, looking, watching and I'm feeling tired. Each and every minute that goes by-is another that I'm not in bed with closed eyes.

And I am still awake. It is almost 9am. That would be just fine, but I have been up all night. The Ribavirin has done a number on my sleep schedule. I will get to bed shortly, then wake up late, probably too late to do any yard work. I would stay up all day and try to get to bed early tonight, but I don't think it would be a good Idea to go without any sleep at all. I know it is only an extra 13 hours, but i am so brain fogged and out of it as it is. I need to be smart and get some rest so my body can heal itself. I need somewhat of a balance. Even if it is off kiltered and all wacked out like a salvador dali painting.

Someone left me a nice comment to one of my posts. It was from a person from "THE Hepatitis C FORUM" that I talk to. He also is going through what I am going through. That forum has been like my AA/CMA meetings are for my addiction. I go there to inquire,implore,and just listen to what others are going through, and have gone through. It really helps out so much.

Tomorrow I have my lab tests at 8am to do and then after that I will be doing my second "interferon" shot. I take the pills daily, morning and night, and then I take my shot once a week. I do the shot myself. Last week for my first day the nurse was there to guide me through it. I still did it myself, but she was there to help me. I am okay with this. I'd rather not be around needles at all, but I am doing it to save my life, and I value my life these days.

Well I better try again to drift away into my dreams. Wish me luck...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home