Welcome To My "HEP C" Life

Hepatitis C is a blood disease that affects the liver. There is a tx that I am now on which is a mixture of "interferon" injections 1x a week and 1200mg in pill form of "Ribavirin" dailly. This is an extreme and rigorous 48 week treatment and I have started september 22nd 2006

Name:
Location: moundsview, Minnesota, United States

Saturday, September 30, 2006

"I'm Done for the day..."


I've done enough today. I just went out and got my sponsor his birthday gift and brought it over to him. He really wants me to show up tonight and make an appearance. I told him I'd see how I was feeling and try, But I won't be able to. I've already used up enough of my energy. This treatment can do a number on your socializing and just plain hanging out. Some of my friends don't seem to understand why I just don't come around sometimes. I'll hear them say, "Oh, why don't you just come for a little bit?" well, I can't even do little things around here sometimes, how do they expect me to go somewhere?

Here is a little knowledge for you to understand how really exhausting this treatment can be. My mom was complaining about something sticky on the floor so I took a towel and held it under the kitchen sink to get it nice and wet. I took my socks off and then I threw the towel on the floor. Then I commence to walk around the kitchen floor using my legs and as strength to scrub the floor with the wet towel. This works really well. But keep in mind I only have a small kitchen and this is all that I did. I might of got down on my knees for a second or two, but thats it. Now I am so completely exhausted and tired. It really felt like I had done some highschools' whole cafeteria floor.

I'm in the middle of making sure I eat something right now. and then I am laying down for a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home