Welcome To My "HEP C" Life

Hepatitis C is a blood disease that affects the liver. There is a tx that I am now on which is a mixture of "interferon" injections 1x a week and 1200mg in pill form of "Ribavirin" dailly. This is an extreme and rigorous 48 week treatment and I have started september 22nd 2006

Name:
Location: moundsview, Minnesota, United States

Friday, October 06, 2006

SHOT DAY!!! 3 out of 48


Its my weekly injection day. I have my labs to go to at 8 am this morning. I learned from last week, that I am going to take my shot tonight before I go to bed. It hits me hard about an hour after I take it. Then I am down for the count for a couple days. If I do my shot at night then I can sleep through some of the side effect. I want to make it to my meeting tonight as well as Drive spencer home to eden prairie. These are important to me, and If I do my shot anytime during the day, I will miss out on those things. I also am going to go see my friends son play a hockey game at 5- 6pm. This is very important to him, as well as to myself, and I want to be there for him. I promised him.

So, I plan on going to the game, then to my meeting, then drive spencer home to his moms. After I come back from his moms' I will come home here and take my shot.

How am I feeling this morning? I have a yucky feeling in my chest, I am tired, and I feel an onset of a cold coming on. I hope that I don't get even sicker having a cold on top of my shot. I won't be able to tell because I will be so sick as it is.

I'm adjusting to not being able to go do things on certain days. I got invited to go watch the minnesota wild play this saturday. I can't. I will be sick, and this is hard to accept. I have to let go and admit that i am powerless and move on. And I do accept, and I am moving on, but there is alot of "No, I will not be able to do this or that" because I will be sick on those days talking that I am having to say to people. It's nice to get invited, but it sucks turning people down. Powerless over the medication and the side effects, but I am learning to work around them. And i thank all of you for your understanding. But understand this is a long treatment, so there will be a lot of understanding.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just checking on you! Love, MOM

10/06/2006 8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried posting a comment once before- will see if works ;)

I still have frustration when I need to turn down invites on bad days, and when I am feeling so utterly sluggish and in pain. I don't envy you a moment, but I do admire your strength and reaching out, and being candid. You have and will have a lot of understanding from many, and may that help some.
One thing I learned was in the end, it was better to admit when I needed more rest, and actually take care of myself. Running around trying to be 'normal' (when you absolutely cannot) doesn't solve anything or make you feel better. Be yourself, take care of yourself. You have to.

Love,
Sis

10/10/2006 9:51 AM  
Blogger Patricia said...

Hi - I am on week 26 - its been hell - I think I have had more side effects than are listed - how could that be? It really sounds like you have a lot of strength and thank you for sharing. I just figured out this blog thing and am making an attempt to share as well -
hepc-experience.blogspot.com - Hang in there my friend I really do know how you feel.

10/21/2006 3:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home