Welcome To My "HEP C" Life

Hepatitis C is a blood disease that affects the liver. There is a tx that I am now on which is a mixture of "interferon" injections 1x a week and 1200mg in pill form of "Ribavirin" dailly. This is an extreme and rigorous 48 week treatment and I have started september 22nd 2006

Name:
Location: moundsview, Minnesota, United States

Sunday, October 01, 2006

I can do it!!

Delightful are the mornings that you make wonderful. I choose to be alive today. I choose to move on with what I need to do and what I need to get done. I will pace myself, but I will not sit back and let this day go by without a fight.

As for the way my body feels. I feel Like I have had the flu for the last few days, My body has an all around empty feeling of yuckiness. I have a small pain in the lower of my right rib cage that goes away from time to time. Right around where my liver would be. I will talk to the nurse tomorrow about that. I am extremely fatigued from doing small things. I put up a new vent in the ceiling. Just took some screws out, took out the old one and screwed in a new one. My muscles agonized trying to hold up a light weight vent upside down for 30 seconds.I really still can't get over how tiring this treatment can sometimes make me feel. I've also have become pretty pale. I hope my white cells aren't dropping too low.

But i will still persevere. I will go on and choose to have a good day and make the most of what I can of today. Today is beautiful because I choose to make it beautiful. Today will be a great day because I choose to make it a great day.

Today is Hepatis Awareness Day!!. I hope someday they find a vaccine for this disease, and a full 100% cure.They have vaccines for Hep A and Hep B but still nothing for this silent disease. I want more people to become aware of this disease, and hopefully not be so prejudice against us who have this disease. Don't get all grossed out because you find out that I have Hepatitis C. And don't shy away from me like you wouldn't touch me with a 10 foot pole. Please look into and get informed about Hepatits C. Look into and get informed on this treatment I am, as well as many others are enduring. The more we become aware, the more we know what to fight. And what we have to fight is this disease. Lets have no more people die from hepatitis related diseases.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopefully 47 weeks from now (yes ONE has gone by!) you'll look back and say "Was that all there was to it" Well, easy for me to say, Jason.... but I'm praying that will be the way things will work out. By the way, I am no longer an Invention Salesperson... whatever that was. I am now the Mid-Atlantic rep for Brazil Cigar & Tobacco.... selling wholesale to tobaconnists. See: http://www.stogieguys.com/2006/09/stogie-news-dona-flor-hits-mid.html
Betty thinks I'm nuts, but I'm sure having more fun doing this than trying to get dumb-ass inventors to spend $15K to market some goofy idea. My conscience just couldn't take it any more. I'll check in on your blog REGULARLY to see how things are doing. My love to you and the VonHolmquist Family Singers!

10/01/2006 11:38 AM  
Blogger Jason Paul Tolmie said...

Hey dude:)

Jason here, (The Mighty C),

It's really good to see you feeling positive and ready for the fight ahead again. I know you can do it! You know you can do it!
Hopefully your injections should fly by with your pacing & perseverence.

You're not alone. I am 32 jabs in & i can relate to how you're feeling.

It will get better.

Jason

10/01/2006 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home