Welcome To My "HEP C" Life

Hepatitis C is a blood disease that affects the liver. There is a tx that I am now on which is a mixture of "interferon" injections 1x a week and 1200mg in pill form of "Ribavirin" dailly. This is an extreme and rigorous 48 week treatment and I have started september 22nd 2006

Name:
Location: moundsview, Minnesota, United States

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I went to my my hep c nurse this morning. She said my levels are looking great. They don't have a viral load to see about the virus, but my platelettes and my hemoglobin which is a 13 is just fine. She says i look a little yellowish grey, so she looked me over and couldn't tell why since my levels are looking so good.

I am feeling alright today. I am finding things to entertain myself, and tonight I have a meeting to go to. I got a prescription for "Ambien" so I can get some continous sleep. I do sleep alot but only for an hour in a half at a time. Not enough for my body to mend itself and go into REM. Hopefully it helps.

I am still in a fog today. My mind seems to be covered in a film of numbing thoughts. I do get teary eyed over the littlest things. A television show or a movie or even somebody sending me a thoughtfilled text. All of these things seems to bring water to my eyes. This of course is a side effect of the medicine. I am a sensitive individual and I do have caring feelings, but not to this degree. All is not bad and there is a lot of good in how I am feeling. It means that the medicine is trying to do its stuff. I am glad to hear that my tiredness is not because my hemoglobin is low, just that its the medicine and the treatment I am undergoing. That was actually very good to hear cause I was worried about that.

3 Comments:

Blogger paulsarneson said...

Did you take that tree photo, Jason? ABSOLUTELY gorgeous! Glad to hear the medics say you're doing well. EXCELLENT NEWS. Keep on a 'truckin.

10/24/2006 2:32 PM  
Blogger Jason Paul Tolmie said...

Hi Jason,

Great to read you are feeling a little better during all this tx. You're dfeinitely getting there.
Wonderful to see your first bloods are looking so good. That stuff is working. It is kicking virus bottom! My Hg was 12.9 at the same time as yours. Almost twins.
I too felt quite emotional at the slightest of things. All around the same period as you. I am quite back to normal by now;) I hadn't felt tears running down my cheeks for absolutely years before tx! It did feel nice I must admit.

Take care jae.

Love the photo. Is that where you live?

Jason (The Mighty C)

P.s. If you want to know any of my other levels for comparison, just let me know.

10/24/2006 3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you got some good news! Hang in there :)

Love n huggggggggggggggs,
Big Sis

10/24/2006 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home