Welcome To My "HEP C" Life

Hepatitis C is a blood disease that affects the liver. There is a tx that I am now on which is a mixture of "interferon" injections 1x a week and 1200mg in pill form of "Ribavirin" dailly. This is an extreme and rigorous 48 week treatment and I have started september 22nd 2006

Name:
Location: moundsview, Minnesota, United States

Saturday, September 23, 2006

First day in battle

This has been and will be a beginning of a journey and an experience. Today is my first day of interferon shots and taking the ribavirin. I was feeling okay until halfway through and after the CMA meeting. My sponsee josh asked me to come over for a bit, so I did and we played Tigerwoods Golf. I am now home and I feel the beginning of a headache. I took some tylenol earlier, but it seems as if my head is aching for more. I have a little nausea so I will take a draminine and drink some water. I also read somewhere that eating something might work, but I am afraid that will make me more nauseous. It could be that i might of pushed myself a little too much tonight, but I am not sure. It Is scary when you are not sure what to expect. Will I wake up; tomorrow sick or will I be okay? I am tired, but I can not sleep, and my knees and elbows are aching like I'm an 80 year old farmer knowing what the temperature will be tomorrow.
I am grateful to everybody who is concerned. I am used to taking care of and being there for everybody else, I really am not used to everybody's attention towards me.

0 Comments:

<< Home